Monday, February 22, 2010

Works in Progress

I've been back in the studio working on unfinished pieces. Since the weather was stormy again, I was inspired to paint in the more monochromatic palette required for my 16" x 20" Windblown Gulls painting above that was started in November 2009. It will soon be complete. My past two paintings were quite bright and springlike.

The painting above is in a primitive, raw and early electric stage and is in major need of refinement. I'm creating this piece for my husband to replace a painting I sold that was a favorite of his I did in acrylics many years ago. This 24" x 36" canvas is a larger piece with different proportions from the first version.

The above piece is a 12" x 12" canvas that was a rough study in acrylics I painted years ago that I am reworking with oils. I was toying with putting this "recycled" painting in the Deja Vu as a recycled canvas, but somehow, that alone didn't seem worthy of the theme. This painting is almost complete.

4 comments:

Carol A. McIntyre said...

Have you studied with Susan Sarback at the School of Color & Light outside of Sacremento by any chance? I have attended two of her workshops - she is great.

Donna Lion Grant said...

No, I haven't.

Andrew Leone said...

even though the seagull painting isn't bright colors, there's a lot of color in it. The desaturated tones are still alive. I like the subtlety of color and strong composition.

Dgrantart@att.net said...

I need to finish this! It is getting better. I got totally consumed with my friend, Judy's battle with cancer and stopped painting for a month. Finally I am back into it. Thanks for the encouragement Andrew.