Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Studio Work In Progress


I am currently working on these two studio pieces and love working larger on this 18 x 24 size. Working large presents different challenges in mixing large quantities of paint and taking more care in planning the dark and light areas of the composition to keep my colors clean while working over a longer time period with wet on wet paint. I see I need to get better lighting so I have a full spectrum of color that does not alter true color perception. This light is very yellow, and does not show the art properly.

1 comment:

sheilabythebeach said...

When I (rarely) "work large" with clay I face the challenge of working in this corner, then the other corner calls for attention, then the middle!! Confusing for me...
About the light, have you tried to photograph your paintings outside in natural light?