Tuesday, October 9, 2012

54th Annual Member's Exhibition Piece


"Pulse" is my latest mixed media piece is composed with 97 Pysanky eggs. This unique mandala makes its debut in the upcoming Art Guild of Pacifica's 54th Annual Member's Exhibition at the Sanchez Art Center.


"Pulse",  Mixed Media, 24" x 18" plus frame

"Pulse" is a meditation of darkness and life that I created as my niece struggled with addiction and recovery. I felt connected with Rothko's dark, meditative pieces, particularly the Rothko Chapel paintings. I visualized  Morton Feldman's Music for the Rothko Chapel to be played while viewing "Pulse". May we have the strength to choose life and keep the pulse.

1 comment:

Donna L. Faber said...

I know how hard and long you worked this piece. The effort and precision you put into radiates outwardly. If this doesn't get some kind of recognition, I'll be sorely disappointed.